All Consuming

One personality trait I really dislike about myself is the way I obsess. If something bothers me and is weighing heavily on my mind, I cannot focus on anything else. I am not even able to do something else to 'take my mind off of it' as so many people have suggested I do.

The matter becomes all consuming, it takes over my mind, completely. Sometimes this feeling is totally unwarranted--like, I think something is wrong or something is going on and yet, when I finally get to the bottom of things I realize I was just overreacting. Although that doesn't always happen, it does happen once in a while.

So right now soemthing is going on in my life and it's not quite right, but I can't seem to put my finger on it and the other person involved is not around to chat with about this. I wonder if that person feels the imbalance as well or if it's just me...obsessing...


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...